Effective Date: 2/28/2023
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, lessees, tenants, lease applicants, and job applicants that identifies, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. (“Personal Information”). In the last 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of Personal Information about users of the Services:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, email address)
- Account transaction information (e.g., signature, phone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information)
- Commercial information (e.g., records of personal property, credit history, lease information, rental history, rent amount)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browser type, referring website)
- Professional or employment-related information
- Sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security Number, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number)
As part of our employment application process, we also collect information about racial or ethnic origin, sex or gender, age, or other classifications.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you use the Contact Us form and provide your name, email address, and company name, when you submit a lease application, or
when you apply for employment with us;
- From third-party providers, such as payment processors or background check services; and
- Automatically from your browser or device as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP address, and information collected through cookies.
The information we collect on or through our Services may include information that you provide to us, such as contact information and other communications with us. In addition, if you work with one of our leasing managers or property managers, they may collect additional information about you for the purposes of processing your application or providing you with better service.
As you interact with our Website, we automatically collect information about your use of our Website, such as:
- Information from the device you use when you interact with our Website, including device or other unique identifiers, browser type and version, language, webpage or application views, date
and time of webpage(s) viewed, referral URL, IP address; and
- Information regarding how you interact with and use our Website.
This information helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to recognize you when you return to our Website.
Cookies: The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include cookies, web beacons, pixels, and similar technology (each a “cookie,” and, collectively, “cookies”). A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser or device and helps us personalize your experience, monitor usage, and improve our services. We may use first-party cookies, which are cookies we place, and third-party cookies, which are placed by third-party vendors for some of our cookies. You can use your browser or device settings to accept or decline most cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, the interactive features of the Website may not work fully. Please refer to your browser’s help menu for information on how to manage cookies.
Google Analytics: Our Website uses Google Analytics to understand the how visitors interact with our website, including frequency of visits and page views, and how our Website is functioning for analytics purposes. This information does not identify you by name. Users of our Website can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
reviewed here: https://contactform7.com/privacy-policy/.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Provide and improve our Website and Services;
- Respond to user inquiries and support;
- Administer our Terms of Service and any other applicable rule or requirements;
- Comply with our legal obligations, and exercise or defend legal claims;
- Protect our Website and Services against fraud or other illegal activity;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide us with information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- With companies that perform services for us or on our behalf, including to provide and improve our Website, to process lease applications, or for employment and hiring purposes;
- To comply with legal obligations and to exercise or defend legal claims;
- To protect or defend the rights or property of the Company or users of the Website or Services;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We collect and use sensitive personal information only to provide our Services, such as to process and evaluate employment and leasing applications. We do not use sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about individuals.
If we begin to collect additional categories of Personal Information or intend to use the Personal Information we have collected for materially different or unrelated purposes, we will provide additional notice.
5. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law gives California residents the following privacy rights:
RIGHTS TO REQUEST, TO KNOW, TO CORRECT, AND TO ACCESS PERSONAL
If you wish to know the Personal Information we have collected, processed, or otherwise obtained about you in the last twelve months, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us, and subject to our verification of that request, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, disclosing or selling, if applicable, your Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition to these disclosures, you may submit a verifiable consumer request up to two (2) times in a twelve-month period for access to your Personal Information.
When you submit an access request, you can request that we respond by mail or electronically. If you elect to receive the information electronically, to the extent it is technically feasible for us to do so, we will provide the requested information in a portable and readily usable format that allows you to transmit this information to another entity.
In order to submit a verifiable consumer request, please visit the “How You Can Submit A Verifiable Consumer Request For a Request to Know, Access, Correct or Delete” section below.
Right to Correct
If you wish to correct inaccuracies in the Personal Information we have collected, processed, or otherwise obtained about you in the last twelve months, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us, and subject to our verification of that request, we will provide you with the opportunity to correct the inaccuracies, taking into account the purposes of processing the Personal Information.
Right to Delete
If you would like us to delete the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can send us a verifiable consumer request requesting that we delete some or all your Personal Information. Once we receive and confirm your Personal Information request, we will delete such personal information from our active records. We will also notify any service providers and third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information of your request.
Deletion requests are subject to certain limitations. We are not required to delete information where we are permitted or required to retain it, such as for tax or record keeping purposes, to process orders and transactions, and for solely internal uses consistent with your relationship with us. If we deny your request to delete based on any of these exceptions, we will inform you in writing of the reason.
HOW YOU CAN SUBMIT A VERIFIABLE CONSUMER REQUEST FOR A REQUEST TO
KNOW, ACCESS, CORRECT, OR DELETE
For us to process a request to know, access, correct, or delete, it is necessary for us to verify your identity. We will ask you to provide certain additional information about yourself, such as name, physical address, email address and phone number, or other identifying information, to compare to information we have on file for you to verify your identity. We cannot fulfill your request if we cannot verify your identity. It may take up to forty-five (45) days to fulfill your request. If we cannot complete your request within the initial forty-five (45) day period, we will notify you in writing within forty-five (45) days of your initial request.
To exercise one or more of your consumer rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request:
- 866-291-0438 or
California residents may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a request on your behalf. We will also require that you provide us with information sufficient for us to verify that you have authorized this person to act for you and to verify your identity as provided above.
Your Right to Non-Discrimination
We do not discriminate against consumers for exercising any of their rights with respect to their Personal Information. If you exercise any of your rights under this policy, we will not deny you our Services; charge you different prices or rates for our Services; or provide different levels or quality of Services to you.
6. SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
7. DATA RETENTION
We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint, if we are required to do so by law, or if we reasonably believe there is a likelihood of litigation. When determining the appropriate data retention period, we consider the amount and nature of Personal Information, the purposes for which we collected it and whether we can achieve those through other means, and applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, and other requirements.
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information relating to children.
9. OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website has links to Loopnet, which is part of the CoStar Group. When you click on any of those links, you will be taken to the Loopnet and CoStar Group websites, and you are subject to the privacy, terms and conditions, and other relevant policies of those third-party websites.
10. RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU)
We do not intentionally collect information from residents of the EU. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information about an EU resident, we will promptly delete that information.
12. CONTACT US
The Abbey Company
12447 Lewis St., Suite 203
Garden Grove, CA 92840